Wednesday 8 April 2015

A mixture of techniques

Hello everyone,

It been quite some time since I posted something here...
Actually I have been busy trying my hands on Art Journaling and Scrapbooking...
I also started a new blog for documenting the same...
I would love if you would check out my new blog...My Journaling Journey...
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Well finally I made a card today...and quite a different one...
I have been playing around with some of my new purchases...embossing powder, gelatos, stencils....

There are oh so many techniques I used on this card...
Lets start with the panel with butterfly...I heat embossed a butterfly stamp (look at how shine and cool it looks...love it) on a piece of kraft cardstock...
Then I coloured the cardstock with pink and purple gelatos....
Next I kept my new Balzer Design Rug Stencil (so glad I finally have it :D) on it...and picked up the colours with a baby wipe...
I also tore and curled the cardstock at a few places...



For the card base, I used a simple stencil which comes with a geometry box. and I did some reverse stenciling with the pink and purple gelatos...
It leaves such an awesome imprint...
I used only the numbers part of the stencil...
Check out the closeup...


And finally I stamped the sentiment with black Archival Ink...
For me this is a very unusual birthday card...a bit grungy I think...but I love how it turned out...
Here is another look at the card...


I would like to share a few tips today:
1. The best way to get an imprint of stencil with gelatos is to sprtiz the stencil with water first, then rub the gelatos over the stencil. Now take the imprint.Believe me, I tried many other ways...and this works the best.
2. For tearing and curling the page, tear the page and then sprtiz the torn part with very little water. This with make the paper more mouldable and you will be able to curl the paper easily. After the paper dries it will hold the curl.
3. You can heat emboss even if you dont own a heat-gun. Simply hold a hot iron under the part with the embossing powder...this will make the embossing powder melt.

Hope these tips are helpful to you...

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Stamplorations April Challenge - Butterfly stamp and numbers on the card base
CASEplorations April Challenge - Casing Kimberly's card
Try it on Tuesday - Butterfly
House of Cards - Butterfly
Crafty Cardmakers - Butterfly

24 comments:

  1. Gelatos are so cool...need to try them out! I loved your grungy card and the numbered background..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card.. love the embossed Butterfliy on this gorgeous layers!
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have curled some of the paper on your beautiful card

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the use of the gelatos and the colours you used. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your beautiful crafting with us for Crafty Cardmakers and More Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to use a maths stencil to get your numbers, makes a fab background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card, you can see your journaling techniques with this card! Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO awesome! I adore the bold colors, fabulous texture, and simple design! WOW! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Purvi, me again!
    You asked me about the sky line on a spread of mine - if it is a stamp:
    Yes.. It's from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection!

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pretty details! The color combination looks beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Take care!
    Michele, HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! the distressed edges look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...