Thursday 12 January 2017

Punch Cutout Pattern

Hello everyone,

Its Friday which means its time for a new challenge at Daring Cardmakers...
The challenge this week is "New"
With start of the new year try something new...a new technique, a new fold, a new colour combination...the options are endless....

I tried something really different...I made a pattern using cut-outs of some punched negatives...
Sounds complex...doesn't it...hehehe



I had a sheet or two of white cardstock with snowflakes punched out of them...which I used to make this and this card...


Then a few days ago, I got this idea to cut hexagon shapes around the punched negatives...


My favourite part was making the pattern...it was solving a puzzle...and I love puzzles and patterns...

3 comments:

  1. lovely idea Purvi, these look awesome on the blue base !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that really is a clever idea. I often use the bits around bigger shapes for cutting tiny snowflakes and stars etc (especially when I'm trying not to waste expensive special card types), but you've taken this to a whole new level with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely winter card, Purvi! I like it how you used the negatives and arranged them in a nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...