Wednesday 11 February 2015

Paper Tole Rose (Tutorial)

Hello everyone,

It been almost 2 weeks since my last post...whoa!!!
I had a lot of my ideas in mind...but I was too exhausted to actually make them into cards...
So I decided to take some rest...some time off...

But now I am back...and I have a new technique (new for me) and a tutorial...
I saw this technique on Stamplorations once...its called Paper Tole...
It is a way to make prints appear 3-D...works best with flowers...

So hop on for a tutorial...

The first step is to take many prints of the same image in the same size...
The no. of prints you will need will be equal to the no. of layers you want...
I went with 4...


Next you will have to colour in all the images...I coloured mine in Work Lipstick DI...


The next step is to decide the layers...what portion of the image do you want on a layer...
In case of flowers...just start eliminating layers of petals...
eg: for the 2nd layer...eliminate the outermost layer of petals...

Next step is to attach foam tape to each layer...leave some space around the edges of the layers...I will tell you why in a moment

Now start assembling the layers...starting with largest image at the bottom...
Be sure to align the layers perfectly...
And Tada...your 3-D rose is ready



Now you can curl up some petals...to give it a more 3-D look...and that is why I left some space around the foam tape...
Here is a better look at the layers...


Now that this was done...I thought of trying some more new things for my card....
I have never used corrugated cardboard and wire on my card...and they both seem to be very much in trend right now...So I gave it a go


I added a handwritten sentiment below the corrugated cardboard,wire, rose assembly with white Sakura marker...






I am pretty pleased with how it turned out...
I think it works great as a valentine card without hearts. The cardboard and wire give it a masculine feel...

oooh...a few more things...
I added some distress ink to the area where I wrote the sentiment...just to kind of...outline it...
Also the corrugated cardboard is from some cardboard box that was at home...

Whew...now that was a big post...
I would love to hear your comments and opinions about the card...

I am entering the card in the following challenges:

The Male Room Challenge  - Masculine Valentine card
AAA cards challenge - Valentine card
CASology - Love  - Love theme card
The Paper Shelter  - Corrugated cardboard



31 comments:

  1. Love the spectacular effect of your layered rose image - brilliant tutorial too. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jane! Its my first time writing a detailed tutorial...glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Your Card is adorable Purvi!! All the techniques are so much in trend now!! LOVING the card and the beautiful rose! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this 3d rose thanks for joining in at TMR

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool. So striking against that black card base. Great to see you at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning rose! I like the dark background and the wire trim, nice masculine feel. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I love the paper tole effect of your rose. Thanks for joining in the Paper Shelter this time. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    The Paper Shelter DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neato, neato, neato! I love tutorial posts! That's a great rose and idea. Thank you so much for playing AAA Cards, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning and stylish, Purvi. Thank you so much for stopping over at my blog. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning - your rose! Thanks for the tutorial - it looks like a work of love! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations-CASEPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty layered rose...very cool textures, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rose is a stunner, Purvi! Those layers really look fantastic and I love how it pops against that black card base. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby looking card. Love your stunning image. Great card. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. So striking and beautiful :) love the dimension in the rose ! Thank you for playing at STAMPlorations CASE playground:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! This technique looks amazing with the rose. Love it on the corrugated cardboard and black cardbase. ~ Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layers of the rose...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...