Wednesday 26 November 2014

First Art Journal Page (Beauty)

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I tried something new and I am really excited and happy about it.
Lately I have not been getting enough time to craft. I have been feeling restless because of the lack of creative outlet.
So I thought of giving Art Journalling a try...as it doesn't take much time.

I started by making a simple watercolour background...just some pink...some purple and a hint of red...And I just had to use my rose stencil on it...



Then I started wondering what to write in that empty space and found this quote...
I practiced some handlettering and wrote down the quote...
I gave the beautiful background a twist (to make it my kind of beautiful ;) ) with some tattered paper pieces distressed with Vintage Photo Ink ...


I don't know whether it looks good or not...but it did a hell of a good job calming my restless crafty mind. :D

What do you guys think about my first Art Journalling attempt? Are their any suggestions/tips you like to give?
Leave a comment below. :)

P.S. I blurred the board pins at the corners so that it doesn't distract from the page.
I ended up pinning the page on the display board of my cubicle in office :)

I am entering this journal page for the following challenge:

2 comments:

  1. The colors are so soothing and lovely, Purvi!! Well done! Isn't card-making the best kind of therapy? I think so, too! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia! Craft is the best therapy in the world!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...